Friday, July 20, 2012

New Review of "For One Who Knows How to Own Land"

Joel Ferdon has written a review of For One Who Knows How to Own Land in the new issue of Main Street Rag. Here is my favorite part of what he says:

"For One Who Knows How to Own Land, by Scott Owens, is like walking through a farm on a hot South Carolina afternoon in the summer. His poems ring out with an emotional intensity that reminded me of Andrew Hudgins' collection of poetry, The Glass Hammer."

I hope you'll get a copy of the journal and read the entire review. There are also wonderful poems by Karen Paul Holmes, Robert King, Mimi Herman, David Poston, and many others. Main Street Rag is one of the journals I strongly recommend subscribing to.

1 comment:

  1. Thanks for the call-out, Scott. I'm glad your book got such a nice review.
    Karen Paul Holmes

    ReplyDelete